Nevada Shelby American Automobile Club
1965 SHELBY GT350
1965 SHELBY UNIQUE PARTS
· Stock color-Wimbledon White
· Optional Lemans stripes-Guardsman Blue
· The first 65 Shelby's came with an all fiberglass hood with a round hole plenum or nicknamed "Port Hole" (Car # 001-113)
· Hood-one piece fiberglass with integral scoop, held closed by two racing. type klik-pins (Car # 113-500)
· The 1965 GT350 also came with a steel frame inner structure fiberglass hood that was introduced early on #122 or so and used intermittently through out production ( a better hood, but apparently harder to get)
· Outside mirror -dealer-installed option, usually chrome
· Talbot-type bullet mirror
· Wheels, standard-15x5 1/2 steel wheels painted silver
· Wheels, optional- 15x6 specially made Cragar wheels, aluminum centers with chromed steel rims, special 'CS' center caps
· Stock color-Black
· Steering wheel-15-in. dia. 3-spoke aluminum with riveted wood rim and plastic 'Cobra' center cap
· Tach/oil pressure gauge-specially made 'CS' 0-8000 RPM, Tach, 'CS' oil pressure gauge, mounted in black plastic bezel on center of dash
· Seat belts-3 in. wide competition, black with chrome hardware, manufactured by "Ray Brown" , "American Safety" or "IMPACT"
· Rear shelf-one piece black fiberglass, replaces rear seat and mounts spare tire
· 'COBRA' finned aluminum hollow-letter valve covers
· 'COBRA' (small letters) aluminum hi-rise intake manifold - These have "S1MS" numbers,
Early cars (before #100) have been observed with 'COBRA"(small letters) but without "S1MS" numbers!
· 715 CFM Holley carburetor - LeMans bowl carb had only a 3259 list number and a 3 digit date code below it to identify it.
· 'Tri- Y' steel tubing exhaust headers glass packed bullet mufflers with side-exiting exhausts
· Some cars had trunk-mounted battery - Early cars (To about 324)were the only "documented" cars to get a factory rear battery.
· Lowered (1 in.) front upper A-arms
· Special lengthened pitman and idler arms
· Larger 1-in. front sway bar
· Koni adjustable shock absorbers
· Monte Carlo stabilizer bar
· Export brace
· Driveshaft safety loop
· Rear torque control arms (override traction bars)
· Axle limiting cables in rear
· Front discs
· Large rear drums ,
· Sintered metallic linings front & rear
· Large master cylinder
· Proportioning valve
Support this site! Please donate
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.